This Chopped Asparagus and Chickpea Salad is a vegetarian salad, loaded with fresh asparagus and chickpeas, which are the hero ingredients of this salad, as well as tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, and crumbled feta cheese.
The fresh lemon dressing is light and zesty, made from scratch with minimal ingredients and helps to add even more flavor to this already delicious salad.
- You can skip blanching the asparagus if you enjoy raw asparagus. It’ll certainly add some extra crunch to the salad!
- While I’ve made my own dressing for this salad, you can also use a different homemade salad or one bought from your local store. In that case, you will need to use 1⁄4 cup of your favorite dressing.
- Once the salad has been assembled and tossed, you can serve it immediately or allow it to rest for about 30 minutes to marinade. Marinating the salad will allow the crunch of some of the salad ingredients to soften a little and the seasoning and flavors of the dressing infuse the entire salad.
- If you don’t like feta cheese, you can use something like goats cheese or even shredded parmesan.
- Add chopped chicken, turkey, or bacon into this salad for a hearty meal.
No, because of the feta cheese. If you would like to make this salad vegan, simply omit the cheese or use vegan friendly cheese.
For planning ahead, make the dressing and slice and chop required ingredients. Store the dressing and the salad ingredients separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
The dressing can be made up to 4 days ahead of using it. Give the dressing a good whisk before drizzling it over the salad.
Chopped Asparagus and Chickpea Salad
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Fill a medium pot half full of water. Bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Remove asparagus and place in a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain and pat dry.
- In a salad bowl, combine mixed greens, asparagus pieces, tomato halves, chickpeas, diced cucumbers, diced red onion, olives and crumbled feta cheese.
- In a small bowl whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
More Salad Recipe We Love!
Chopped Asparagus and Chickpea Salad
This fresh Chopped Asparagus and Chickpea Salad is loaded with fresh asparagus and chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and feta cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Hover over “serves” value to reveal recipe scaler
- 1/4 lb asparagus about half bunch, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 large English cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fill a medium pot half full of water. Bring to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Remove asparagus and place in a bowl of ice water. Let cool, then drain and pat dry.
In a salad bowl, combine mixed greens, asparagus pieces, tomato halves, chickpeas, diced cucumbers, diced red onion, olives and crumbled feta cheese.
In a small bowl whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Calories: 227kcal (11%)Carbohydrates: 23g (8%)Protein: 7g (14%)Fat: 13g (20%)Saturated Fat: 2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0.1mgSodium: 393mg (16%)Potassium: 514mg (15%)Fiber: 7g (28%)Sugar: 4g (4%)Vitamin A: 1080IU (22%)Vitamin C: 21mg (25%)Calcium: 73mg (7%)Iron: 3mg (17%)
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole